The Salt Lake Division manages the Idaho FBI. This division also covers Utah and Montana, and encompasses 135 counties over all three states.
Idaho has five Resident Agencies, with and overall 19 Resident Agencies through the Salt Lake City Division:
Located on West Main Street, the Boise Resident Agency covers:
Located on West Riverstone Drive, the Coeur d’Aleneis Resident Agency covers:
Located on Riverwalk Drive, the Idaho Falls Resident Agency covers:
Located on Nez Perce Drive, the Lewiston
5. Nez Perce
The Pocatello Resident Agency covers:
2. Bear Lake
15. Twin Falls
These Divisions have been essential in solving some of the biggest cases in the region since 2011, including the sentencing of a man running a $29 million Ponzi scheme, the indictment of 21 people on drug and guns charges in 2012, arresting a man in 2012 on investment fraud, stopping a drug trafficking conspiracy in 2012 and the sentencing of a woman for drug trafficking in 2013.
Requirements for Becoming An FBI Agent in Idaho
The highly trained staff at the FBI in Idaho deal with both regional and national criminal cases, as well as national security. Specialist careers available include:
1. Economic Analysts.
3. Support Professionals.
4. Special Agents.
5. Investigative Experts.
6. Intelligence Analysts.
7. Security Professionals.
8. Electronics Technicians.
There are also special units including:
1. Evidence Response Teams: Located in Utah, Idaho, and Montana.
2. Linguists: The Salt Lake City Division has 51 professional translators covering 18 languages and 33 dialects.
3. Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory: The Intermountain West RCFL serves Idaho, including Forensic Examiners who gather evidence from electronic devices.
4. Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Team.
5. SWAT Team and Hostage Rescue Team: There are 25 members in The Salt Lake City Division’s SWAT Team.
6. Special Agent Bomb Technicians.
7. FBI Victim Assistance Program
There are very stringent entry requirements for entry to the FBI. Candidates must:
1. Be a citizen of the U.S. or U.S. territory.
2. Be between the ages of 23 and 37 (although veterans may still be eligible).
3. Have at least a four year bachelor’s degree.
4. Have at least three years of relevant work experience.
5. Have a valid U.S. drivers licence.
6. Be willing to travel anywhere on assignment.
7. Pass and FBI background check.
8. Pass an FBI medical exam.
9. Must not have a felony conviction.
10. Register with Selective Services.
11. Most not have defaulted on student loans.
12. Must not use illicit drugs.
Candidates for GBI jobs in Idaho and it’s Divisions must also enrol in a Special Agent Entry program. There are five of these, and they are:
2. Computer Science/Information Technology.